5 minutes de lecture
Description: Iolite also called Cordierite, is a magnesium aluminum silicate mineral. This stone, which represents one of the few relatively available and affordable blue stone options, is rapidly gaining in popularity. Arguably the gain is due more to exposure in mail order catalogs and on cable shopping channels than to promotion by traditional jewelry stores. Run of the mill stones often have a steely, inky or washed out blue color.
Characteristic: Iolite has a hardness range of 7 to 7.5. It can be blue, purple or even grey.
History: Iolite is called the Viking Compass Stone. It’s said that thin slices of Iolite served as glare-reducers and polarizing filters that helped ancient Viking navigators locate the sun on cloudy days. This allowed the Viking stay on their right path, and to go home safely, while in seas. Iolite is often cited as the twenty-first wedding anniversary gemstone.
Etymology: The name iolite comes from the Greek word ios, meaning “violet.”
Power (1): The physical effect, Iolite is known for are:
- Iolite is rumored to be able to help supporting a stronger than normal constitution and is said to enable one to consume alcohol without exhibiting the effects, promotes detoxification, and improves degenerated conditions of the liver. It also reduces fatty deposits in the body.
- Iolite is used in regulating digestion, and enhances hair and nail growth
- Iolite strengthens the nerves, helps with paralysis and numb limbs, and tolerating pain.
Power (2): The emotional effect, Iliote is known for are:
- Iolite examines the inner path of the deep self. It assists in letting go of the belief that one needs to control inner experiences, and dissolves fear of the unknown or suppressed parts of the psyche. It increases the capacity to move forward.
- Iolite promotes a calm, positive state of mind, instills hope, and assists in decisions on how to proceed
Color Energy: Iolite is rumored to have differents effect depending on the colors.
- Violet Iolite has a strong effect on interpreting dreams and inspiring oneself to do great deeds.
- Dark Violet crystals are dream talismans, providing insight and giving us a window to the soul beyond ordinary understanding.
- Indigo Iolite combines the intuition of the violet ray with the trust of the pure blue ray.
- It brings wisdom, truth, dignity and spiritual mastery. its stone of judgment and long life.
- Dark indigo Iolite provides honesty and is especially good for spirit.
- While light indigo Iolite connects us to the natural world and improves our appreciation of others.
Find us : Find our Iolite on our Etsy page. You could find : round, marquise, pear, octagon, oval shapes. With two kinds of cuts facets and cabochon.
Youtube, our page to make the info going with an image.